The Gaslamp Quarter is an amazingly walkable area to grab food and drinks. Each restaurant & bar has different themes and vibes, so definitely walk around and pop into what looks good. There are so many good choices, it is hard to go wrong.
Whatever you do, make sure to make a reservation and hit up Noble Experiement. This speakeasy is tucked behind hidden doorways and the experience itself is incredible, not to mention the drinks are some of the best you will ever have. Don’t order off the menu! The bartenders are top notch and will make you an amazing cocktail based off your preferences! The drinks are strong and absolutely worth the money, we cannot say enough about how much we loved this experience.
Hotel Bar For The Win
We love a good hotel bar and Fifth & Rose in the Pendry Hotel is absolutely incredible. The drinks are based on the seasons and are like nothing we’ve ever had. We tried a couple of different drinks on the menu, and loved them all, we couldn’t pick a favorite. We also loved that the bartenders could make amazing drinks off the menu based on our preferences. This is another place that the cocktails are absolutely worth the price!
Trailer Park After Dark
Looking for an experience like no other? Head to Trailer Park After Dark. This basement bar is absolutely incredible! The decor is one of a kind- shopping cart chairs, picnic tables, wheelbarrow chairs, you have to check it out! They have lots of food and drink options, but the real winner is a simple PBR can served in a brown paper bag. Our favorite part was the 80’s RV lounge in the back complete with old video games like Duck Hunt.
Time for a Pint
We love a good Irish Bar, you cannot beat the vibes! The Field Irish Pub is a perfect fix for pub blues. You can’t go wrong with a laid back vibe and perfect Guinness pour. If you are looking to try something different try Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale, we had it in Kilkenny, Ireland and fell in love.
Whiskey, Whiskey, & More Whiskey
If you love whiskey, you absolutely have to hit up Whiskey House! The selection is absolutely incredible, they literally have a book as their whiskey list. The bartenders are super knowledgeable and can help you find the perfect drink to try!
La Puerta has a frozen mojito that was absolutely to die for! Generally frozen drinks can be super hit and miss, but the frozen mojitos are spectacular! We also ate dinner here and the food matched the amazing drinks.
There are seriously so many great choices in the Gaslamp Quarter, we definitely couldn’t make it to all of them on our list. We have an on going list because we love SD so much we know we will be back!
- Cat Eye Club is a speakeasy tiki bar. We are total suckers for a tiki bar and this was the one bar we were the most disappointed we couldn’t hit because they have a 4 person treasure chest drink called Goonies Never Say Die. Make sure to do the truffle shuffle for us when you get this drink!
- The Shout House is a dueling piano bar, who doesn’t love great music and a drink?!? If you haven’t been to a piano bar, you need to go ASAP!
- Sycamore Den is an amazing bar with 1970’s inspired decor mixed with amazing drinks, how can you go wrong?!?
- Prohibition Lounge is red 1930’s themed speakeasy! We love a good speakeasy!
- The Nolan is a rooftop bar located in the Marriott Hotel. Who doesn’t love great drinks with a view?!?
- The Tipsy Crow is a stock market themed bar where the drink prices rise and fall on demand, which is perfect if you have trouble making decisions and want to save a little money!
- Coin-Op Game Room is an awesome barcade. Drinks, food, arcade, games…what more do you need?!?
- Pop’s Liquor Cabinet is a tiny bar that will remind you of sitting at home, so grab a stool and relax.